HI everyone! welcome to my blog...

Hello everyone! My name is Jasmine but you can call me Jaz :) I come from a small town outside a big city. I'm only fourteen but one day I'm gunna show the world the beauty in everyone. I either want to be a beauty editor for a beauty magazine or a makeup artist. I love to give reviews, hauls, OOTDS, and MOTDS. Be sure to follow me on twittter: jaziedo1234:) leave a comment on anyone of my posts too! LOVE YOU ALL
x0x0jazzy

Thursday, September 29, 2011

My skin care Routine

Hello everyone! welcome to my blog....today's topic is going to be about skin,skin,skin. Before I get into my actual routine, let me tell you a bit about my skin's history and what its like. I started getting acne at the middle to end of 6th grade and it was mostly around the center part of my face: upper forehead, nose, mouth. For around then, i used clean and clear and noticed that it didn't really seem to do anything. By the time  I was in 7th grade i didn't have much acne and for this period i used ACNE FREE which seemed to be working AMAZING! but then my skin started to get used to the ingredients in it, and again started to break out all the way up to the middle of 8th grade. By this time, I had had a new  philosophy that in order to get acne free skin, i first needed to cleanse my skin of all impurities. For this I used Aveeno positively radiant which broke me out like CRAZY!!! then I started using at home remedies such as an oatmeal face wash. That didn't work AS well as i was hoping too. In the summer I started using ambi products and it really cleared up my skin, again my skin got used to it and started to form break outs all over my face. Now, just entering highschool, i have chosen to go with a new cleanser, so here is my weekly skin routine:
MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY:
MORNING: wash face with cetaphil gentle cleanser(2x) moisturize with ambi even and clear daily moisturizer. Pat my face with sweet almond mint oil from chaz dean.
NIGHT: wash face with cetaphil gentle cleanser(2x) moisturize with ambi even and clear daily moisturizer. Put ambi fade cream for oily skin all over my face. Pat my face with sweet almond mint oil from chaz dean.
TUESDAY, THURSDAY,SATURDAY:
MORNING: Exfoliate my skin with st.ives apricot scrub. wash my face with cetaphil gentle cleanser. moisturize with ambi even and clear daily moisturizer. Pat my face with sweet almond mint oil from chaz dean.
NIGHT: wash my face with cetaphil gentle cleanser(2x) moisturize with ambi even and clear daily moisturizer. put ambi fade cream for oily skin. and skip the sweet almond mint oil
SUNDAYS:
MORNING: wash face with cetaphil gentle cleanser(2x) moisturize with ambi even and clear daily moisturizer. pat on sweet almond mint oil from chaz dean.
NIGHT: do a super fruits peel off mask. moisturize face with ambi even and clear daily moisturizer. pat on fade cream. skip sweet almond mint oil.

I know this can seem really confusing, but it really isn't. Couple of things i want to explain about this routine. I wash my face twice at a time. The reason for this is because the first time your cleansing your face, all your doing is sloughing away the dead skin and dirt that was on your face previously. While this is really good, you also want to target the breakouts under the skin so this is why I wash two times. Another thing is,  Try NOT to exfoliate every single day or else your skin will become super sensitive, red, and blotchy. Also try to do a mask at least once a week. I do a peel off mask because its literaly PEELING off a thin layer of your skin so the rest of your face products can target the problem areas. Another thing, Some people CAN and CAN'T use an oil. I have pretty normal skin so using this oil makes my skin feel like water and it also leaves a very dewy fresh appearance to my skin. Now i will give a mini review on each of the products I use.
Cetaphil daily Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin: So many people rave about this product and for me, its just ok. I don't notice a dramatic change in my skin, however i've only been using it for 2 weeks. This product comes in 8fl oz. and claims to remove excess oil without drying. And this it does, its great if you just want your makeup removed and to feel clean. Also its non-comedogenic, non-irritating, and dermatologist recommended.
AMBI even and clear daily moisturizer: This moisturizer comes in 3fl oz. and SPF30. It claims to visibly even skin tone and texture. I seriously think this is the only product i have used in which i have seen a DRAMATIC differene!! its so light and it doesn't over moisturize my skin and its perfect under makeup. I love this stuff!!
St. ives naturally clear apricot scrub blemish and black head control: This exfoliate comes in 6oz. and claims to fight blemishes without over-drying. I first heard this from seventeen magazine and Michelle Phan on youtube, and was excited to add something different to my skin care routine. I was especially intrigued that it was a blemish and black head control and prevented blemished and cleansed pores. This scrub has salicylic acid acne medication with 100% natural exfoliates which is great because benzoyl peroxide can sometimes be TOO harsh on my skin. i have to say, i really do like this stuff, it makes my skin feel like butter afterwards and its a great acne remedy. However this is actually the only meant for ACNE product i do use on my face which is great because it so light and it controls my acne perfectly.
Freeman superfruits revealing peel off facial mask: This has 6fl oz. in it and it claims to combat the effects of stress. I think you can only find it at ULTA though. This has a Mega 8 complex which purges and fortifies for clear skin. It can help combat the effects of stress, the environment, and your fun-not so healthy lifestyle. It combines with powerful fruits such as goji,acai,pomegranate,mango,mangosteen,cranberrry,noni,and blueberry to help purify,detoxify, and soothe stressed skin. I use this about once a week because you a legitly peeling off a layer of your skin. I absolutely love this stuff! You can actually see all the dirt and grime on your skin after you've let it sit for about 10-20 minutes.
AMBI fade cream for oily skin: This has about 2floz. of product in it and claims to fade dark spots for even, natural skin tone. This product i am very confused about. i remember when i got this over the summer and I had one dark spot on my nose and one on the center of my forehead and i put it on at the same time to both spots for a time span of 3 months and the one on my nose dramatically disappeared into nothing but the one on my forehead hasn't budged. Maybe one was deep and the other was thinner but I guess this is a miracle worker because got MOST of my dark spots gone in a matter of 3-4 months which is AMAZING!
thank you so much for reading this :) make sure to comment and follow this blog! ALSO! follow me on twitter:jaziedo1234 for updates for this blog :))

1 comment:

  1. i really want to try cetaphil, but i just keep forgetting!
    xx

    http://nanakkii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete